Who are we
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Date & Time:
Wednesday 21st September 2016 from 12:00 – 2:00PM
- Registration and Coffee
- Introduction / Apologies
- House Keeping
- Conflict of Interest Declarations
- Presentation of EMWWAA Annual Report July
- 2015 to Aug 2016
- Presentation of Accounts
Next Awards Ceremony
The next EMWWAA award ceremony will be held on the 6th May 2017
All nominated candidates from ethnic minority backgrounds must have resided in Wales for the past 2 years.
All applicants should be at least 18 years of age, except those applying for the Young Achiever Award (16-21 years).
EMWWAA (Ethnic Minority Welsh Women Achievement Association) formerly known as WAWAA is a charitable organisation which aims to create a network of women and girls of ethnic minority origin across Wales to provide beacons of inspiration for current and upcoming generations.
- EMWWAA aims to empower and inspire women and girls of ethnic minorities in Wales.
- It promotes and applauds their success in all aspects of Welsh life and identifies role-models in the communities.
- It aims to facilitate community cohesion and integration.
EMWWAA coordinates a bi-annual awards ceremony to recognise women and girls of ethnic minority origin. EMWWAA profiles the achievements of women who are at multiple disadvantages-not only are they women, but they are also ethnic minority women who have faced barriers of language, culture, appearance and religion. EMWWAA seeks to make visible how these women have made a significant contributions to Wales and to Welsh life and how they have used their talent to help and inspire others.
EMWWAA works in partnership with:
- Women Equality Network for Wales
- Chwarae Teg
- Race Equality First
- Women Connect First
- Race Council Cymru